Katsuren-jo site reopen from October 1st.
Amawari Park Opening
The historical and cultural facility at Amawari Park has opened! Enjoy live performances that tell the story of Katsuren Castle’s 10th generation rule, called an aji, as well as exhibits about the history and culture of Uruma City. Before climbing the Katsuren Castle Ruins, please visit our new museum that adults and children can experience and learn about the trade routes that passed through the area during that time. These exhibits showcase excavated items found in the castle ruins, like foreign coins and pottery.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Katsuren Castle Ruins Precautions
· The Castle Ruins are a non-smoking area.
· There may be some areas that are difficult to climb due to Katsuren Castle's original design.
· Going all the way to the top of Katsuren Castle is not recommended for those that are not confident in climbing.
· Strollers can access the low area of Katsuren Castle by a paved access road.
· DO NOT CLIMB ON THE CASTLE RAMPART WALLS AT ANY TIME!!!
· Events shall not take place within the castle ruins grounds without prior permission of the Uruma City government.
· Dog are allowed on the castle grounds but must be on a leash or lead at all times. Please make sure to clean up after your dog.
· There are no restrooms or water fountains within the castle grounds.
· Uruma city government is not responsible for any accidents or injuries that occur on castle grounds.
· Vehicles, including bikes, scooters, and skateboards, are prohibited on castle grounds at all times.
· Please Park your vehicle at the parking lot located at Amawari Park.
· To ensure the safety of visitors, access to the castle ruins may be restricted without notice due to weather conditions, maintenance on the castle, or various events.
Thank you so much for being cooperative and enjoy the historic Katsuren Castle ruins!
katsuren-jo site and Amawari park Operating Hours
●Hours of Operation：9：00AM to 18:00 PM .
Open every day .
●Katsuren-jo site （to include any permanent exhibits)
Adults(16years old and up )are ￥600.
Children (7-15years olds )are￥400.
All children under six years old are free !
The admission to Amawari park is usually 600yen for
As a commemoration of the opening ,Amawari Park will be Free! from the opening date to the end of this year.
Katsuren jo-site Amawari park control office
3807-2 Katsuren Uruma city 904-2311Okinawa Japan
Phone 098-978-2033 FAX098-978-2011
〒904-2203 沖縄県うるま市川崎468 いちゅい具志川じんぶん館２階